Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coffee & Cocoa Facial Mask

My cousin Tia discovered this nice coffee & cocoa facial mask recipe on an article by Julyne Derrick, Coffee & Cocoa Facial Mask for All Skin Types on About.com Tia made the facial mask for me with some tweaks to the mix. There are other alternatives and substitutes in the ingredients such as either adding egg, milk, yogurt, almond milk or coconut milk. She mixed equal parts of Starbucks coffee, Hershey's hot cocoa mix, milk, honey and 5 drops of lemon juice. The liquids have to be added slowly to the mix or else it could turn out watery. If it's watery, the mixture will slide off when applied to the face compared to a thicker consistency. I love how yummy the facial mask smells. It's great when you wash it off because while you scrub your skin the coffee grinds act as an exfoliant, removing all the dead skin cells. After using the coffee and cocoa facial mask, my skin felt velvety smooth like a baby's bottom! :) I felt refreshed and ready to start my day!

<3 Michi

No comments:

Post a Comment