Sunday, September 23, 2012

Shoe shopping + Recent Styling

Hi Everyone!

Last week, I went shoe shopping and bought 4 pair of shoes. I bought Chinese Laundry brown wedge heels, Steve Madden black wedge sneakers, Steve Madden black flats with silver metal detailing and Guess nude & black heels. The Guess heels were already on clearance for $35 and on top of that I got the Steve Madden flats and the Chinese Laundry heels for a sweet deal using my $5 birthday coupon. I also got a free tote and a $10 rewards certificate. I'm going to share 3 types of footwear, one is a boot with a heel and a high sneaker that I wanted, but didn't get at the Steve Madden store in South Coast Plaza and also Jessica Simpson brand heels with gold circle studs on the back. Steve Madden has the most comfortable shoes, heels, flats, wedges and boots ever! Every time I've purchased from their brand, I have always been satisfied in the quality and comfort. I also somewhat like Jessica Simpson's brand. I also wanted to share a look I wore last week. I've been on a polka dot craze and I have been in love with my polka dot nylons. I wore it with my sandy tan high waisted shorts, grey top with a black bow design, brown flats and a black bow on my braided hair to tie in the cute bow tie/polka dot look. I also brought home a new buddy. I would like to introduce Cotton, the alpaca. She's super soft and fluffy like cotton candy which is where I got her name. I couldn't resist squeezing the adult and baby alpaca stuffed animals. Another item I have been wanting to get on my list is a jewelry holder. I found this awesome tree jewelry holder at Bed Bath and Beyond. I love the shape and the little holes to hold my earrings.

Earlier today, I went to Ulta for their Grand Opening at Bella Terra. I got $5 off + all the points I had accumulated to take off the total and a free bag of products containing lilac lotion, hair spray, lipgloss and a Vitamin C skin care product because of my Ulta membership. I ended up buying Katy Perry Lashes, Batiste dry shampoo and Freeman's Feeling Beautiful Facial Masks. I tried the Dead Sea Minerals one today. I love the soothing smell and the blue color of the facial mask.

On a side note, lately I've been studying Typography more. I'm trying to improve my skills and knowledge on type. The books that I've been enjoying to read are Designing with Type, Mastering Type, 1000 Fonts An Illustrated Guide To Finding The Right Typeface and Thou Shall Not Use Comic Sans (365 Graphic Design Sins and Virtues). I came across information that I already knew as well as new information to soak in. Well, I have to say it's been a fun week and weekend. Not only that, but last night I attended a fashion show + artistic gallery + live performances at Raw Artists event held at the Avec night club/lounge in Huntington Beach. It was my first time attending a Raw Artist event and I had a blast. My friend Hansini invited me because her friend was singing that night. She had a really lovely voice and I liked all of the songs she sang. Wow, I wrote a lot this time. I am going to have to stop here because I just realized my face mask is dry and it's been over an hour. haha..woops O_O

<3 Michi

3 comments:

  1. hi!! thanks for the lovely sweet comments!!! honestly, you are really gorgeous! and sexy!

    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Pinky. Thank you sweetie! :3

      Delete
  2. I went over this site and I trust you have a ton of awesome data, spared to my bookmarks shoe odor remover

    ReplyDelete