Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Michi Highly Approves Izakaya Ku restaurant!

Today's post will be about another one of my searches for delicious restaurants because I LOVE food. ;) It was around 10-11pm, Sunday night and my boyfriend and I had just picked up my grandparents from the airport. We were all super hungry too! Most places were closed, but we did a Yelp search and found Izakaya Ku. In my opinion, it is one of the best affordable Japanese restaurants that I've found so far!!! Not only that, but it's on Brookhurst which is about a 10 minute drive from my place. Some of the things that I love about this restaurant is that it is open daily, 7 days from 5pm-1am!!! I don't know many Japanese food places that stay open that late. I only know Shinsengumi, Honda Ya, Kappo Honda and few other places. I also found out from the waiter, Kai, that Izakaya Ku restaurant is originally from Tokyo with already 10 locations and their Brookhurst location is the first one opened in the United States. Once my Udon was served and I took a bite, I knew right away that this was how real Japanese food should taste. The California Roll actually tasted delicious for the first time. It's the best one I've tried so far. Everyone enjoyed their food. My grandma was shocked that it tasted good and was affordable at the same time. Now, if my grandma is saying it tastes freaking delicious than we know it's bound to be bomb because she is Japanese after all and cooks the best homemade Japanese food. I also learned to cook from her. ;) Anyways, I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for affordable, scrumptious, real Japanese food. The service was fast, servers were welcoming and we didn't feel ignored or had to wait really long compared to Kappo Honda. I wouldn't go back to Kappo Honda. They had terrible service such as they took too long to seat us, bring us our food and even refill our waters. They avoided eye contact and on top of that the food wasn't good especially for the price. You will not be disappointed with Izakaya Ku. They have been opened for 2 months now and are going strong. Go Izakaya Ku! We love you!!! Keep it up and you will definitely see me back along with all the people I will be recommending your restaurant too. I'll be sure to bring you more customers and I hope that you open up more locations in the future! So glad to have found another yummy late night Japanese restaurant. ;) Enjoy the photos!!

<3 Michi

No comments:

Post a Comment